French Bulldogs are famous for their wrinkled face and erect bat ears. They are small and adorable, while their enthusiasm and energy are enormous. Regardless of their size, each dog tends to gulp down a lot of food besides doing moderate exercises. Therefore, food plays a crucial part in their development.
To help customers make wise choices of formula and ingredient, we’re going to review the best dry food for French Bulldogs in 2019. Let’s take a quick look now!
The Best Dry Food for French Bulldogs: Top Ten
Products in the Market 2019
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food
Real meat is always the top priority in Blue Buffalo’s food formulas. This healthy weight product is no exception. Including chicken as the first ingredient, the food is moderately rich in high-quality protein.
It carries all notable features of Blue’s products: a modest amount of calories, low-fat content, abundant fiber, and an ideal proportion of omega-6 to omega-3 by four to one. This formula is highly advisable for adult dogs that are likely to suffer obesity.
- The food contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits, a perfect blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, acting as a healthy oxidative balance to support immune system health
- The producer added wholesome grains, fruits, and vegetables to the recipe for a complete diet
- No poultry by-product meals, wheat, soy, corn, preservative, or artificial colors are available, ensuring your pet is enjoying the finest ingredients
- The nutrients in the food may be too much for some dogs’ stomach, so watch out for symptoms of swollen bowels, throwing up or diarrhea
- The tape on the package may come loose at any time
Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition French Bulldog Adult Dry Dog Food
Known as one of the best dry food for French Bulldogs, this Royal Canin formulation boasts moderate amounts of proteins, fats, and calories. Unlike other brands, the first ingredient is brewer’s rice instead of animal protein. Therefore, it’s fit for those with a sensitive stomach, lessening the risk of colonic fermentation.
This type of food will provide just exact amounts of vital nutrients and energy for one year or older dogs.
- Tailor-made kibbles enable French Bulldogs to pick up and chew comfortably
- Protein and L-carnitine are added in a precise proportion to support muscle tone while a high content of fiber helps with stool odor and gas reduction
- The food is rich in essential nutrients to promote skin health and minimize wrinkles
There are wheat and wheat gluten in the product, which can harm dogs with wheat gluten allergies
Wellness Core Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food
If you’ve just adopted a puppy, this Wellness CORE formula with the absence of grains and a decreased fat content is a must-have item in your kitchen counter. No need to worry about food safety because it uses only premium ingredients of natural origin.
Thanks to an outstanding combination of deboned turkey and salmon oil, the product can supply an adequate amount of DHA and EPA to develop the puppy brain to the full.
· Nutraceuticals are available to strengthen the joints and bones of small breeds, including Frenchies
· There are gut-friendly probiotics to ensure pets can get the most of the nutritious diet
· Fish and flax omega helps to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Some customers complain about the counter effect of this weight management product since their dogs gained weight
- The food has a strange shape that may cause discomfort in the mouth
AvoDerm Natural Weight Management Dry Dog Food
Having ground whole brown rice listed as the very first ingredient, the AvoDerm’s Natural Health Solutions for Health, Joint, and Weight Control won’t let you down. Though meat only ranks the third in the list, the product can do a great job of controlling weight, deserving the reputation of among the best dry food for French Bulldogs, particularly for canines that are likely to reach obesity.
What sets it apart from other brands is the addition of wholesome grains like oatmeal and brown rice along with the superfood avocado. However, its nutrient value is no joke at all.
- The diet features reduced fat and low calories, suitable for less active and overweight dogs
- California avocados are useful in enhancing overall health, especially the immune system, healthy skin, and coat
- There is a natural blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to supply essential nutrients
- The food is a little bit dry, so water supplement is necessary
ONE SmartBlend Healthy Weight Formula Best Dry Food for French bulldogs
The Purina ONE SmartBlend Formula is worth your investment, given the 25% less content of fat and 15% fewer amounts of calories.
With complete and balanced nutrition, it offers a feasible solution to dog obesity and related complications.
- The first ingredient is turkey, providing high-quality proteins
- Glucosamine supports optimum joint health
- A natural antioxidant blend is crucial to a robust immune system
- The food contains corn gluten, which may provoke adverse reactions in some dogs
Fromm Gold Small Breed Adult Dog Food
Is your furry friend allergic to grains? If the answer is no, luckily, this formula from Fromm shouldn’t be missed out. Family-owned, this brand devotes its heart and pet loving mind to produce the most delicate bits.
Based on the metabolism of small adult Frenchies, the food comes in small and delicious batches so that chewing is a piece of cake.
- Probiotics is abundant to facilitate digestion
- There is salmon oil to promote a healthy coat
- Wheat, soy, and corn are out of the ingredient list
- The inclusion of real Wisconsin cheese enhances the total flavor
- The protein content is a little bit higher than most other foods
CANIDAE Grain Free PURE Dry Dog Food
If you aren’t a fan of complication, the CANIDAE PURE may suit you. Paying attention to simple recipes, it includes from 7 – 10 key ingredients that are familiar with consumers. Therefore, you can easily trace their origin to make sure the food is safe for your pet.
He can’t resist the taste of the best dry food for French Bulldogs even if exposing no allergic signs.
- Every kibble holds many probiotics to support healthy digestion
· Abundant antioxidants help to strengthen the health of the immune system
- There are omega 6 & 3 fatty acids to ensure beautiful skin and coat
- Dogs may have running stools
Taste of the Wild Grain Free Pine Forest Premium Dry Dog Food
Though domesticated from fierce hunters a long time ago, modern dogs still keep similar appetites to their ancestors. With that belief, Taste of the Wild has devised recipes highly favored by our canine friends.
As one of the best dry food for French Bulldogs, it features the first ingredient of pasture-raised venison, a highly digestible and abundant protein source, which will satisfy the need of active companions.
- The specially designed proprietary K9 strain probiotics and high-quality fiber derived from dried chicory root are beneficial dogs’ digestive and immune systems
- Most ingredients are nutrient-dense, including peas, garbanzo beans, lentils, etc
- Legumes and fruits consist of antioxidants supporting the overall well-being
- The rich content of protein may be overwhelming for less energetic dogs
Merrick Grain-free Dry Dog Food
With lean muscles, the French breed asks for a proper amount of protein to support them. Merrick uses deboned chicken to serve that purpose.
The recipe takes advantage of real whole foods like blueberries and peas to supply balanced and complete nutrition.
- Moderate levels of omega 3 & 6 fatty acids promote coat and skin health
- Glucosamine and chondroitin allow for healthy joints and hips
- There are no gluten ingredients, minimizing worries about indigestibility
- Adverse skin reaction to the food is potential
Wellness Complete Health Natural Dog Food
A complete health solution is what Wellness has been striving to give our lovely canine friends, typically this recipe for small French adult dogs.
- Small-sized kibbles are packed with all-natural and premium ingredients
- Flaxseed and salmon oil provide substantial omega 3 & 6 to support a healthy coat and skin
- Cellular health can benefit from antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables
- The shape is triangular, which may get caught in small mouths and esophagus
The Best Dry Food for French Bulldogs: Buyer’s Guide
Different dog breeds don’t share the same diet. Frenchies require a unique nutritional value that you should take into account before making a purchase.
French Bulldogs can easy become overweight hounds without a strictly controlled diet. However, the maximum weight should be around 28 pounds.
For dogs already beyond this weight limit, you’d better go for a specifically designed recipe for weight management. Otherwise, a weight control formula should be ideal for those within the standard weight band.
Pay attention to products with a high content of animal-based protein as it facilitates digestion. The plant-based type is less favorable given its lack of amino acids necessary for canine development. Frenchies are prone to allergies, so refrain from feeding them on too high protein-condensed foods.
This breed also needs carbohydrates in the form of dietary fiber but at a moderate level.
Vitamins and minerals are essential for their full growth with calcium and phosphorus being a must to strengthen bones and muscles.
Regarding their susceptibility to GI problems, products with probiotics and prebiotics are helpful. The supplementation of chondroitin and glucosamine will do them good in preventing hip dysplasia and patellar luxation.
Depending on ages, French Bulldogs need different calorie content. For example, an adult needs an average of 780 calories per day while seniors and puppies demand less, between 400 and 470 calories.
However, all they desire is a daily casual walk, not vigorous exercise, so surplus energy may turn out unnecessary and so is fat. Consult your veterinarian for an accurate assessment of calories for your furry friend.
Dog food manufacturers come up with a specific formula for Frenchies of each age. Therefore, never give your puppy adult varieties. The same is applicable to senior dogs, pregnant dogs, lactating dams, and so on.
There are different reviews about the best dry food for French Bulldogs so let your canine decide what to eat. Start introducing new food slowly with little bits, notice his reaction before continuing with the whole pack.
The Wellness CORE reduced fat formula would be our very first choice given the moderate amount of animal-based protein. The fat content is no worry, too.
Before You Leave